Recipe and Video are below: Scroll Down for both!
Quick and Easy Tips for Quick and Flavorful Dishes for one or a family…
- Grind on fried eggs, fry as usual
- Knead the grind INTO the hamburger meat, let sit for 20 minutes, then make into patties and put on the grill
- Slice brussel sprouts in half, grind liberally, toss, add olive oil, lay flat in baking pan and roast
- Slice fresh tomatoes, arrange on plate, grind liberally, drizzle with olive oil
Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Salt Table’s All ‘Round Good Grinder Blend & Leek, Chive, and Onion Seasoning Blend
Marinated Beef Salad with Potato Salad, Tomatoes, and Roquefort (Also, try this also with diced Roasted Pork Tenderloin or Leg of Lamb.)
For the Vinaigrette and Marinated Roast Beef:
1 medium clove garlic, peeled
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon or to taste The Salt Table All ‘Round Good Grinder Blend
1 teaspoon chopped fresh, or 1/2 teaspoon dried, thyme leaves
1 pound lean roast beef, cooked to taste but preferably rare to medium rare, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
For the Potato Salad:
1 pound small red-skinned new potatoes
Dry white wine or vermouth
Red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon or to taste The Salt Table Leek, Chive, and Onion Seasoning Blend
Whole black pepper in a mill
1 teaspoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
For the Finished Salad:
1 head romaine lettuce, pulled apart, washed, and spun dry
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
12-16 ripe cherry or grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons nonpareil capers, drained
4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
2-4 ounces Roquefort, gorgonzola, or other blue cheese, roughly crumbled
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Make the vinaigrette: chop the garlic fine and sprinkle with salt. Rub it to paste with a flat side of the knife. Scrape it into a mixing bowl. Whisk in vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in oil, a few drops at a time, until emulsified. Whisk in 1 teaspoon Good Grinder Blend and thyme. Set aside 10-15 minutes, then taste and adjust the seasonings. Put the beef in a glass or ceramic bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over it, toss, then cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until needed.
- Make potato salad: Put 1 inch water in pot fitted with steamer insert and bring to rolling boil over medium high heat. Scrub potatoes under cold running water, slice 1/4-inch thick, and put in steamer insert. Cover and steam until just tender. Transfer to mixing bowl and while still hot sprinkle lightly with wine. Toss and let sit a few minutes. Sprinkle lightly with vinegar and season with Leek, Chive, and Onion Seasoning Blend. Toss and let cool. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss, taste, and adjust the vinegar, oil, and seasoning blend. Set aside until completely cooled.
- Line a platter with whole lettuce leaves. Tear the remaining leaves into bite-size pieces. Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette, toss and spread over the whole lettuce leaves. Add the scallions to the marinated beef, toss, and spread it over the center of the platter.
- Arrange the potato salad around the beef in several mounds. Toss the tomatoes with a spoonful of vinaigrette and arrange them between the potatoes. Scatter the capers over the beef, potato salad, and tomatoes. Arrange the wedges of egg around the beef and drizzle them with vinaigrette. Sprinkle Roquefort cheese over the salad to taste and finish with a sprinkling of parsley. Serve at once, passing the remaining vinaigrette separately.
- Scroll Down for Video about Salt Table’s Famous All ‘Round Good Grinder Blend