100% natural and hand blended! Citrus Lovers take note! This blend bursts with lemon! We’ve put “Sunshine” in a grinder bottle with whole black peppercorns and a little basil for zing. Great for fish, vegetables, chicken and more.
Comes in a re-usable grinder bottle or refill bag.
Ingredients: Sea salt, whole black peppercorns, turmeric, lemon essence, basil
Lemon-Marinated Shrimp a la Grecque with Salt Table’s Savannah Sunshine Lemon & Pepper Blend
Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Salt Table’s Savannah Sunshine Lemon & Pepper Blend
A different take on pickled shrimp, this classic dish is called Greek-style in French cooking because it contains two Greek staples, lemon and oregano. It’s especially easy with The Salt Table’s Savannah Sunshine Lemon & Pepper Blend.
Serve it from one container or, as I’ve done, inspired by great Savannah Bonnie Gaster, in canning jars for neat individual servings.
- 1½ pounds large or medium shrimp, peeled
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or more, as needed)
- Salt Table Savannah Sunshine Lemon & Pepper Blend
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced oregano
- Saltine crackers or baguettes, for serving
How to Make it:
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and toss until just curled and pink but not quite done, less than 1½-to-2 minutes.
- Season well with Savannah Sunshine Lemon & Pepper Blend and toss until the shrimp are just barely cooked through, about ½ to 1 minute longer. Remove it from the heat, add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, and toss well. Transfer the shrimp to a glass bowl. Let sit until cooled slightly, add remaining oil and herbs, and toss. Taste and adjust oil, seasonings, and lemon juice. Let cool completely, cover, and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- The shrimp can be served directly from the container. To serve it in individual jars, divide the shrimp among 6 wide-mouth half-pint canning jars. Spoon the sauce evenly over them, and refrigerate or keep on ice until just before serving.
There are no reviews yet.