DUE TO COVID-19 SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES WE ARE NOT ABLE TO GET OUR CUTE BOTTLES AT THIS TIME SO WILL BE SWITCHING TO A JAR WHEN THE BOTTLES RUN OUT. THE AMOUNT OF THE SUGAR IN THE BOTTLE WILL BE THE SAME WHETHER IT IS A JAR OR A BOTTLE.
Sweet with a lot of heat! Use sparingly – our Habanero sugar delivers an exhilarating kick. If you like it “hot,” you’ll love this spicy Habanero sugar.
Ingredients: All natural cane sugar with real ground Habanero pepper
Mexican Hot Chocolate Pots De Crème with Salt Table Infused Sugars
Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Salt Table’s The Salt Table Infused Sugars
Despite their elegant-sounding French name, pots de crème are just little cup custards. They’re simple and easy to make in a blender, where the heat generated by the speed of the blade and the boiling cream “cook” the egg liaison. Here they take on a lively South of the Border accent with two of The Salt Table’s flavored sugars: Cinnamon and Habanero. The Habanero sugar is spicy, so be stingy the first time you use it. After that, you’ll know how much you like.
- 6 ounces (1 cup) bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Salt Table Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Salt Table Cinnamon Sugar
- ¼-½ teaspoon Salt Table Habanero Sugar (to taste)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 scant cup heavy cream
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 cup unsweetened whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
How to make it:
- Put the chocolate in a blender and blend at a moderately high speed until it’s ground fine. Add a small pinch of salt, both sugars, and the egg. Blend for 20 seconds at the high speed, or until almost smooth.
- Bring the cream to the boiling point in a small, heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. Turn on the blender to high, and slowly add the hot cream through the small lid opening. Turn off the machine, scrape down the sides, and add the bourbon. Pulse until smooth.
- Divide the custard evenly among 6 pots-de-crème cups, demitasse cups, or small ramekins. Cover and chill until firm, at least 2 hours. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a light dusting of ground cinnamon.
There are no reviews yet.