Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Salt Table Savannah Spanish Moss Blend, All Round Good Grinder Blend, Southern Italian Blend or River Street Cobblestone Blend
Pork Tenderloins are lean and always tender, so they’re perfect for a quick, simple sauté that’s ideal for those intimate dinners for two. The Salt Table’s Savannah Spanish Moss Blend really brings out the flavor of pork, but River Street Cobblestone Blend, All Round Good Grinder Blend, and Southern Italian Blend are all great alternatives. To spice it up, try it with Savannah Sizzle Seasoning Blen
- 10-12 ounces pork tenderloin (about 2/3 large tenderloin)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt Table River Street Cobblestone Blend, All Round Good Grinder Blend, and Southern Italian Blend are all great alternatives. To spice it up, try it with Savannah Sizzle Seasoning Blend.
- 1 small shallot, split, peeled, and minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, oregano, rosemary, or sage, optional
How to make it:
- Trim the silverskin and any excess fat from the pork and cut it into uniform bite-sized chunks. Wrap in paper towels and thoroughly pat dry.
- Film pan with olive oil and put over medium high heat. When hot, add the pork and sauté until well browned (about 3 minutes), adjust heat to medium, and continue until done to your taste, about 2 minutes for medium/medium-well. Remove from pan.
- Add the shallot and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes, then deglaze with chicken broth and cook until reduced by 2/3. Stir in any accumulated juice from the meat and turn off the heat, return the pork to pan, add optional herbs, toss, and serve.
Wine Déglacé: Allow ½ cup dry white wine, dry white vermouth, dry sherry, or Madeira. After the shallot is golden in step 3, deglaze the pan with wine, bring to boil, then add the broth and boil, stirring and scraping pan, until reduced and syrupy, add any accumulated juice from the meat, and turn off the heat. Whisk in the River Street Cobblestone Blend, All Round Good Grinder Blend, and Southern Italian Blend, or spice it up with Savannah Sizzle Seasoning Blend., if using, and if you want to enrich it, whisk in 1-4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (cut into chunks, to suit your taste).