Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Salt Table’s Leek, Chive, and Onion Seasoning Blend or Shamrock Dust
Homemade ranch dressing is perfect with fall salads, especially those with an autumnal flare thanks to apples, pears, pecans, walnuts, and blue cheese. The Salt Table’s Leek, Chive, and Onion or Shamrock Dust Seasoning Blends make homemade ranch dressing a snap.
Makes about 1-2/3 cups
- ½ cup sour cream or whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole milk buttermilk, well shaken
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt Table Leek, Chive, and Onion or Shamrock Dust Seasoning Blend
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or cider vinegar
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Whisk together sour cream or yogurt and mayonnaise until smooth. Gradually whisk in buttermilk.
- Whisk in mustard, Seasoning Blend, herbs, and lemon juice or vinegar. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend; 6-8 hours is better. Can be made 3-4 days ahead.