Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Salt Table Tybee Island Coastal Grinder Blend
The Tybee Island Coast Grinder Blend is one of Carol’s award-winning blends and best selling blends for seafood of all types. This recipe features this versatile blend for the perfect appetizer. Serve it with crackers and chips and enjoy it at any picnic or backyard party.
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons or to taste freshly-ground Tybee Island Coastal Grinder Blend
- 1 6½-ounce can minced clams, drained but juice reserved
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce such as Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
Sturdy “scoop” style corn chips or ruffled potato chips
HOW TO MAKE:
- Whip together the cream cheese and sour cream with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Blend in 2 teaspoons Tybee Blend and 3 tablespoons of reserved clam juice. Blend in several dashes of Worcestershire and hot sauce and a teaspoon of lemon juice, and fold in the parsley. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so to allow the flavors to blend.
- Taste and adjust the Tybee Blend, Worcestershire, hot sauce, lemon juice, and clam juice. It can be served right away, but will be better if chilled for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. If you’ve chilled it, let it sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley if liked and serve with “scoop” corn chips or ruffled potato chips.