Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Salt Table’s Dave’s House Salt
This old Savannah holiday party favorite is so simple to make: just stir it together and bake until it’s heated through. It’s even easier with The Salt Table’s Dave’s House Salt, which is perfect with seafood. Other good pairings are The Salt Table’s Truffle Salt used together with Old Man River Blend or Tybee Island Coastal Blend.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ pound picked claw crabmeat
- ¼ cup minced scallion or other green onion
- Dave’s House Salt or Old Man River Blend
- Black Truffle Salt (only if using Old Man River Blend)
How to make it:
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375° F. Whip the cream cheese and then blend in the mayonnaise until smooth. Fold in the crabmeat and onion and season well with Dave’s House Salt or with Old Man River Blend and Truffle Salt. Transfer it to a lightly buttered 1-quart baking dish or 8-inch gratin dish and smooth the top.
- Bake until hot through, about 15-20 minutes. Serve it directly from the baking dish or transfer it to a chafing dish, offering crackers or toast rounds to go with it