Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler, featuring
Hostess City Southern Hospitality Blend
Shrimp Dip gives any party a festive lift, and it’s especially nice to have for the holidays. Hostess City Southern Hospitality Blend is an ideal seasoning blend for shrimp and other shellfish, especially when it gets a little extra spicy lift from Ghost Pepper Sea Salt.
Makes about 2½-3 cups
- 1½ pounds small to medium shrimp
- ½ cup finely chopped scallion or other green onions
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Salt Table Hostess City Southern Hospitality Blend
- Dash Salt Table Ghost Pepper Sea Salt
How to make it:
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add the shrimp, cover, and as soon as they’re curled and pink (about 1 minute for small shrimp, 1½ minutes for medium), drain them into a colander and toss to help them cool. When they’re no longer hot, put them in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Add the scallions and pulse until they’re finely chopped.
- Whip together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth, then fold in the shrimp and scallions. Mix well, then season to taste with Southern Hospitality Blend and Ghost Pepper Sea Salt. Mix well, cover, and chill at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.